Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Life in a Nut Shell

Life
A dwindling clock of time
Tick Tock
That will never stop
A cycle that will not be broken
Life
Shoes
Are these a form of life
To most they are not
But for a girl with a broken life
A shoe can piece it back together
Shoes
Roads
A never ending path
Or a way of life
Twist and turns and winding ways
It can teach you the simplistic things of life
If you don't let it get to much in your way
Roads
Rules
A way of living
Confines of how you act
Limits you to your ability
Or more simply just something to hold you back
Life
A new idea has been formed
Life is where you want it to take you
To selling shoes to form a life
Or driving on a road with many turns
Life can teach you a thing or two
One thing it has taught me
Never Stick To The Rules
Life

3 comments:

  1. Excellent. Why shoes. I mean, I like it, and I think I know what they could mean, but in specific, it's interesting that you select shoes for the central image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That was fantastic. I read that book a while ago and I barely remember I really liked how you took the title and broke it up. But along with that you added the main idea of the novel. I liked how you were repetitive and the way you related life to a clock. This was very well written. You should be very proud:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda that was amazing. :) I love your repetition throughout and the symbols that you use to help get your point across. I agree with Mr. Johnson though, why did you pick shoes? Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete